Purchasing commercial or residential real estate that can generate rental income is an excellent way to pass wealth onto the next generation.
- Real estate that can be rented provides ongoing cash flow and rental income for you
- Capital gains earned while buying and selling real estate can be offset if using 1031 exchange for purchase or portion of purchase. A 1031 exchange is a swap of one investment property for another.
- If 1031 is executed correctly, there is no capital gain tax on the sale of property.
- Real estate investment can grow tax deferred.
- Excellent form of estate planning as the tax burden is relinquished upon death. Heirs do not pay tax on exchanged property capital gains. Heirs inherit property at its stepped up market rate value.
- You may deduct mortgage interest for financed portion of purchase price from your taxes
- You can depreciate the property at either at 27.7 or 39 years depending upon property
- You can gain accelerated depreciation with cost segregation strategy on taxes
- You and your heirs realize equity gain as property appreciates during holding period
- You and your family get to enjoy your investment during your ownership!
*Please check with your accountant for specifics on these rules.
Please contact us about using real estate as an investment.
Liz 406 499 4218.